An organization’s greatest assets are its people – people are the most significant source of value. Vision, strategy, alliances are nothing without the right people to power them.
Ultimately, no organization can rise above the effectiveness of its people. At a time where the intensity of competition in virtually every industry is almost savage, organizations need to transform the culture of their work environments and inspire its people to consistently go above and beyond the call of duty.
Engaged employees are people who live the job, give beyond their best on the job, strive to make their organizations successful, see their organizations as theirs and therefore constantly make suggestions to move the company forward.
Engaged employees stay much longer on the job than others, they constantly improve on the job and they go out of their way to delight customers.
Engaged employees drive Performance, Productivity & Profits.
So which employee would you rather have? The ‘tick the box’ employee or the employee who is solution-oriented, creative
and takes ownership of your organization?
Why you need to conduct an employee engagement survey?
In 1989, a consultant named Sidney Yoshida, first introduced the concept of the ‘Iceberg of Ignorance’.
The consultant’s findings came to the following conclusions:
- Only 4% of an organization’s frontline problems are known by top management
- 9% are known by middle management
- 74% are known by supervisors
- 100% by frontline employees
To transform workplace culture and build engagement, knowledge of all the problems in an organization have to be properly identified.
Since the Iceberg of Ignorance clearly shows that most of these problems are in the top management’s blind spot, it only makes perfect sense to involve everyone in an accurate and objective evaluation of the work environment.
About the Survey
The overall objective of the survey is to gather employees’ thoughts and feelings about the organization with regards to trust, leadership behavior, employee understanding, commitment, job satisfaction etc.
The survey is also a way demonstrate to employees at all levels that they have a voice within the company.
Ultimately, the goal of the survey is to get insight into your organization’s strengths and weaknesses and identify the key drivers of employee attitudes and behaviours in order to improve engagement in the work environment.
- This phase of planning involves customizing the survey to suit your needs perfectly. We take time to understand your organization’s structure, objectives, mode of operations
- As soon as the survey questions secure your approval, the survey can either be conducted online or on-site, at your office location.
Feedback Collection and Results Analysis
- After collating the survey results, our experts will carry out an in-depth analysis of the gathered information and the final comprehensive report should usually be ready in a week or two, depending on a number of factors e.g. the size of your organization.
The report, though comprehensive, is presented in a simple and easy-to- understand format.
Results Communication, Recommendations and Action Planning
- The presentation of the final report also includes a face-to- face presentation which allows for further clarifications and better understanding. At this point, we take you step-to- step through the critical process of communicating the results
The survey is just a beginning and its key significance is what is done with the results. We usually set-up strategy sessions to discuss next steps, recommendations and action plans implementation.
Meeting and surpassing your organizational goals require that your people are highly engaged on their jobs. There is a need to conduct an employee engagement survey to know where your employees are and more importantly, how to move from where they are to where you want them to be.
For this important exercise to be successful, you need the best in the business.
Call us on +234(0)8160061000 or send us an email at
WHAT WE DO I EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT CONSULTING
Employee Engagement Consulting
Want a presentation of how we can add value to your organisation?
Contact us for free consultation at your convenience.